School gardens for a culture Good Practice.
What is the role of a chosen culture plant in society, history and the arts? A job for participating students to figure out. This will be achieved by conducting interviews with experts related to culture plants and by researching the culture plant’s role in history, agricultural traditions, folklore, folk arts, etc. They will hold short presentations. Furthermore, arts and crafts sessions will be held to show the traditional representation of plant motifs.
– Conduct interviews with relevant experts
– Students develop questionnaires, find subject for interview
– Present results and design short quizzes or games based on the presentation
– Investigate prevalence of culture plant in the arts (symbolism in literature, music, fine arts)
– Create examples culture plant in the arts (painting, carving, etc)